Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's official: Brian Anderson needs to go back to golf

I'm sorry Brian, but after listening to your snooze-fest on the webcast of today's Brewers' first exhibition, I've never felt so lost. And while you can sort of hold your own on TV, you offer no thoughtful insight, you rarely mention the count and you never say what the pitch was or where it was located. You're a nice guy, but give the ball back to Ueker. Hell, I'll even take Darren Sutton back. At least he had some memorable one-liners. It's unfortunate that I have to mute the TV and put on 620. Motivate me damnit! Make me care!

As for the game: 6 runs in the first 2 innings, 3 RBIs for Braun including a 2-run shot and 2 RBIs for Fielder. Cameron also had two hits with a stolen base, Gabe Gross got on twice with a double and a walk, and Matt LaPorta drilled his first extra base hit of the season against a true minor league pitcher.

Final score: Crew 7 A's 1

The only run given up by the Crew was a solo shot by Dan Johnson off of former Padre Scott Cassidy. From what little info I got from Anderson, it sounded like Pena looked good as well as former Cardinal lefty Chris Narveson who is getting no ink at all. Claudio pitched two scoreless but does what he always does which is put guys on base.

Go Crew!

No comments: